Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tanya & Dorise.


Back on Decatur Street I stopped by the Cafe du Monde to have a cafe au lait and some beignets. I will spare you the photos of my treat but I can never get enough of these things. There is something very good about this combination of the food and the coffee.
As I was sitting there I heard the street band change and some wonderful music coming into the green tent over my head. It was Tanya Huang and Dorise Blackmon. They were rocking and had the crowd wildly applauding at every interval between songs. I was most impressed with their instrumentals. In fact I sat in a chair for quite a while about 10 feet from them and just watched and listened. You can go listen for yourself:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=337954646