Saturday, March 14, 2009

Margaritaville New Orleans.


Sometimes when I talk to people about New Orleans they ask me what the Margaritaville there looks like. Well here is an outside shot of the building. You are looking across Decatur Street towards an area called the French Market. The gift shop is in the front and the bar entrance is on the side. There are multiple bars inside on multiple stories. My pal Sheila Chimento was inside and introduced me to Brett Brown for the first time. It is always good to put names with a face. My bartender took great care of me for my lunch. I had heard Brett mention the blackened fish tacos on the New Orleans Happy Hour Show on radiomargaritaville on Friday and somehow that image was in my mind when I sat down. I had a nice fruit drink with my fish tacos and this really big smile on my face when I got up from the bar stool! Life is good...a warm breeze from the open door beside me as I had lunch talking to a very friendly bartender from Jamaica.

After lunch Sheila took me on a tour of the upstairs via the elevator which was a real treat. I have been in the place many times and never gone upstairs! Well all I can say is put this margaritaville on your list of a "must visit" when you land in the Cresent City.
And you can listen to the New Orleans Happy Hour Show on Fridays at 5:00 EST on radiomargaritaville. http://www.radiomargaritaville.com/