Friday, February 13, 2009

On the Baldwin...


JD moved from guitar to guitar and over to the Baldwin for a set. He said he likes Baldwin pianos. He even went on to tell us about a college story where he clashed with his piano professor during piano lessons. All I can say is the results of that encounter did not show last night.
I really like an artist that tells stories and acts human on stage. That is the best part of a solo act in a small venue for me. JD is a song writing master and I felt like I was in the presence of an old soul who had seen it all in one format or another. This guy knows so many of my favorite artists in person it just feels good to be listening to him tell stories. The music is like the meringue on the baked Alaska. This show was no ordinary concert. It was very special. Let's go to the next slide. I will tell you more.