Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Local 506.


When I first heard about this gig I promptly bought my tickets online. I knew these guys were mounting a tour all over the East coast so I had to move fast to see them. I traveled just under two hours to get there and it was worth every mile.
As I write this I am sitting in my home studio listening to The Explorers Club cd on my studio monitors. If you walked in right now you would swear the Beach Boys had just recorded some new tracks. This band is not small. In fact I was talking to several of the guys last night discussing various topics and one of the things I mentioned was how much space they really need to perform. Although they can pack onto a relatively small stage they produce a heavily layered sound. One thing you notice right away is how tight the band is and how they switch instruments through each segway into another song.
The vocal harmony in this band is right off the scale. I am not exaggerating! Go to the Myspace page and listen to the samples.
http://www.myspace.com/explorersclub
Then don't walk, run to get the vinyl, the cd, and a ticket to see this band.

http://www.deadoceans.com/artist.php?name=explorers