Thursday, December 25, 2008

Greg Allman


Greg Allman. http://www.allmanbrothersband.com/
Greg looked pretty good on stage. From what I heard it was a tough year for him health-wise. He was looking energetic back stage right before they went on. He sounded pretty good too. The band was great. I have seen the Allman Brothers perform all the way back to 1974. This version of the band is as good as any they have had.
For me the best moment of the ninety-plus minute set was when they went from "Mountain Jam" right into Led Zeppelin's "Dazed and Confused." and then right back to "Mountain Jam." John Paul Jones slipped on to the stage with an electric bass in his hands. Of the almost ten hours of music I had seen this night this was a moment. I won't forget it. The O2 bottle next to the Hammond B3 Greg is sitting in front of reminds me to enjoy the moment. Not sure why it is there and I really don't want to ask.