Saturday, August 11, 2012

Peter Frampton! The Guitar!


Reunited with his favorite guitar after thirty-one years! This guitar was in a plane crash in 1980. There are stories all over the internet so you can go read those as they are quite interesting if you are a guitar lover like me. The cool thing was I had several looks at about fifty photos of the actual restoration process on an iPad held by a representative of Gibson guitar before the show. I love the fact they left some of the effects of the history in the restoration. I also think it is cool that I saw Peter perform with this guitar in the 1970's and again last night.

If you want to read about the guitar her are a couple of links:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/03/peter-frampton-reunited-with-best-guitar-after-31-years/

Here is an audio track you can listen to from NPR:

http://www.npr.org/2012/01/07/144799712/framptons-dream-guitar-recovered-decades-later

Here is a link to a 1977 video featuring the guitar in my picture above from last night prior to the plane crash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDGcbxpsAI

Last night, yes another Peter Frampton show in the string of many stretching back to the 1970's. I never tire of them and in fact I think I may move to making this an annual ritual to find one to go see. It was very cool he came to our backyard! Thank you Peter Frampton (and band) for an awesome rock show! I still feel good!

I'm off on another adventure this morning. Until next time, I'll see you, Down the Road!


Woke up this morning
With a wine glass in my hand
Whose wine, what wine?

Must have been a dream
I don't believe where I've been
Come on let's do it again

Do you, you feel like I do?
Do you, you feel like I do?

My friend got busted just the other day
They said don't walk
Don't walk, don't walk away

He drove into a taxi bent the boot hit the back
Had to play some music
Otherwise he'd crack

Do you, you feel like I do?
Do you, you feel like I do?

Do you, you feel like I do?
How do you feel?
Do you, you feel like I do?

Champagne for breakfast
And a sherman in my hand
Bright top, blue tails it never fails

Must have been a dream
I don't believe where I've been
Come on let's do it again?

Do you, you feel like I do?
Do you, you feel like I?

Yeah, do you feel like we do?
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah