Sunday, July 29, 2012

Glenn Campbell!!



Photo ©Down South Productions 2012

Well I saw Glenn do an interview with CBS Sunday morning and I instantly decided to go see him. I was fortunate to have a show come right up in my area.

I drove to Cary by myself to see him and ended up sitting on the second row center with a friend of mine from Wilmington, NC, Steve Campbell. I have seen Steve at so many shows and I think we are the ones trying to see the most live shows and sit on the stage or in the front row at every one of them. We had a blast even with the bad weather. Very cool.

Here is a video link to that CBS story. Do yourself a favor and go watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6J99mWFqMU&feature=related

Glenn is a legend. I love seeing the Beach Boys guitarist playing on stage and feeling the past in the present. I had a great evening. Go see this concert if you can while you can. 'Nuff said.


Galveston oh Galveston
I still hear your seawinds blowing
I still see her dark eyes glowing
She was 21 when I left Galveston

Galveston oh Galveston
I still hear your seawaves crashing
While I watch the cannon's flashing
I clean my gun and dream of Galveston

I still see her standing by the water
Standing there looking out to sea
And is she waiting there for me
On the beach where we used to run

Galveston oh Galveston
I am so afraid of dying
Before I dry the tears she's crying
Before I watch your seabirds flying in the sun
At Galveston at Galveston