Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Peter Frampton Don't Need No Doctor...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoCSnZaw19A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LhHkhVSWvY&feature=related


Photo: Andrew Talbert ©2011

OK. So I should put my story up here. First, the video links. Last night Peter didn't play this one. There was a guy who yelled it twice last night from the crowd. I never did but I really wanted to hear it. I was not disappointed. I heard three freakin' hours of music from a just-turned 60 year old who has the stamina of a thirty year old. If you think this guy can't rock well I will pay your way as a wager that you are DEAD WRONG!

Frampton Comes Alive. 35 years this year. I was there in the 1970's, Jackson, Mississippi, when he toured this album with Gary Wright opening. It was awesome then and it still is.

Last night was planned for several months as I really wanted to feel this one. And I did. William Shatner had the vocals before the show telling everyone to prepare. Go get a beer, pee, and get your seat...all the way to the start of the show which was promptly at 8:00 PM. Peter came out and ripped the "Alive" album wide open. His band was on. Only one song passed before I was pumping my fist in the air. Yeah, the start of a great night. Did I mention the "I'll Give Ya Money" solo? It was THE highlight of the night. The crowd roared on this one...yeah I did too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf4jUc4996w

By 10:50 the band took a needed break when most bands were packing the gear. Most of the "Alive" music had been played. Even the old encores. A double album and still we were rocking. After almost five hours I still had not really moved, having been on my feet in a tight crowd since 6:00 PM.

Peter came back out. Within several songs he was handed his beautiful Les Paul which I have captured in this picture above. He looked at his band and said "OK Let's Give it to them!"

He broke out some Humbie Pie and he freakin' ROCKED IT. So there are my memories of a three hour show from one of the best of the rock era in my lifetime. Some people chuckle when they think people like this can't rock anymore. I would put this guy up against anyone out there right now. You just need to go see him. You will see.

Nice job to all the band and Peter. Thanks for the show bro.

See ya down the road....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DON-4ZubYbg&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXfbx7hpdt4PsXz_3KLRyUG-