Friday, June 24, 2011

Imagine...


2011 DSP Andrew Talbert. (You can click on the picture to enlarge it)

So I was in New york City this week. I have been there several times but I have never had time to see much. This trip I stopped by the Dakota. I took some pictures just to remember the moment. I will tell you that I felt really weird being on the sidewalk that John Lennon died on.
All of us are Beatles fans. When you listen to the music you hear something special, something that captures a moment in time. I was just in the Ed Sullivan Theater this week watching David Letterman do his show live with Paul Shafer and his band...WOW that was incredible...the Beatles played there...you remember or maybe you don't. Either way the music is amazing. To think that someone could take a member of this bands life before it was time is well...I felt sadness and anger at the same time. All in that one spot. After all these years, I still felt that.
Before I left this time I bought a picture of John Lennon with his New York City shirt on. It is in a frame over my shoulder in my studio now. John was the man. They all were and still are. No one will ever take that away. Strawberry Fields Forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7qaSxuZUg