Monday, July 18, 2011

Boz Scaggs!


http://www.bozscaggs.com/home.html
Boz is so busy his web site is behind. He has a vineyard which you can link to to check out his wines. He has a vast collection of music you can choose from.

http://www.bozscaggs.org/tour.htm

Now that that is out of the way I want to tell you my story from Friday night. As I walked into the venue through the tall Carolina pines down the twisty sidewalk into the main area of the Cary amplitheatre I had thoughts of a great show on my mind. The sun was out and I picked up a very cold over-priced Ranger microbrew at one stand and then quickly made my way to the local BBQ sandwich stand. I eased on down to my seat which was quite close to the front center stage. I had that feeling of anticipation of a perfect night coming. The food and drink was good but honestly all I could think about was Boz Scaggs playing some of my favorites. I wandered out to the sound mixing area and talked to the guys running the sound and light from Sound Image. They were friendly enough and we even took some pictures. 7:40 was show time and I headed back to my seat. At 7:40 Boz walked out. It wasn't long before the crowd rose to their feet as this show kicked some ass. My eyes were watering tears of joy for quite a while. I just could not control it no matter how I tried. Boz is one of those artists that I really get. He puts me in a mood that takes me away from reality and that is place I like to go. Frequently.

The band. Well the band was all the same for both of these guys. They rocked it! I thought they did a stellar job with all the material. I wish I knew all the names but I don't. I would call them out because that is what I like to do.

This was a great concert and I can't wait until I get to see these guys again. They stay on my list of favorites so I advise everyone to go see them when they can. 'Nuff said.

My next concert is only a night away. More on that soon. I'll see you down the road...

Here is the encore song...

Georgia, I swear I never seen such a smile
Gorgeous enough to make an angel's heart run wild
Your lazy eyes and small-town lies
Have got me in your spell
Your drive-in boys and back-seat noise
And oh, you learned so well
Oh, oh, oh, so how was I to know
You got me, you got me right now
Georgia, your daddy was high the night he dreamed up you
Georgia, the stars were flyin' the night that you came through
Crystal sea of lights
Oh, what a nice surprise
Oh, oh, oh, and now I miss you so
But baby, I'm comin' back to you
Georgia, we will be together, dear
If they ever let me out of here
They will say that it's not true
But I did it all for you
Georgia, won't you tell them for me dear
Georgia, girl I never lived through a night like that
Sure enough got your lovin' where I like it at
Moonlight through the pines
Oh, oh, oh, but how were we to know
That wasn't moonlight, they were searchlights, oh no
Georgia, we will be together, dear
If they ever let me out of here
They will say that it's not true
But I did it all for you
Georgia, won't you tell them for me dear
Georgia, we will be together dear (oh, my dear)
If they ever let me out of here