Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Relics!



The Relics on stage at Lulu's. I shot several pictures from my table as I leaned back in my chair... Sorry for the picture quality... I will blame it on the tequila while I was having yet another fine portion of Gulf seafood with some friends. This band blew me away. They played mostly covers mixed with some original material. The first song they played was one of my favorites "Seven Bridges Road."

In Hank Williams Jr.'s autobiography, "Living Proof", he mentions in the first chapter that the "seven bridges road" refers to the road in Montgomery, Alabama that leads to the Oakwood Annex Cemetery where Hank Williams' grave is located. To get there one must cross over seven bridges. However there are those who dispute this account.

At any rate, this band had a very nice sound and the set list made for a perfect evening. After the show I went over to the beautiful blonde who had been on stage and asked her about the band. She told me about them and mentioned Bud Smith. She gave me his contact information so I am including his myspace link. You can hear his music there. It is quite good.

If you are going to be at Lulu's anytime soon you should try to catch this band. They are fabulous!

Go listen to Bud Smith. I like that song "I See Heaven."

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=206805529