Saturday, June 11, 2011

Lyle Lovett!

http://www.lylelovett.com/

I have various pictures of Lyle from this night. This was one of my favorites. The first time I saw Lyle was in Memorial Hall on the campus of UNC Chapel Hill back in the late 1970's when he opened for Bonnie Raitt. That was so long ago. He still looks pretty much the same these days. As I look at him I remember talking to Robert Earl Keen one night about Lyle. He had many things to say and they were all good. According to these guys, contrary to popular myth, they were not room mates in college in Texas. But they did play together at times. REK called Lyle a great "player." He certainly shows that from the stage. He is also a first-class person. He entered the stage with grace speaking to everyone and left the stage later after the show stopping to talk to anyone who wanted to speak with him all the way to the bus. My kind of guy. I'll stop there with my stories but there are some more for later.

"My Favorite Mistake" A song I really love...


So like I said before
I could not have known
How this fairy tale would finally go
Still the only certain thing for sure
Is what I do not know

So like the years and all the seasons pass
And like the sand runs through the hour glass
I just keep on running faster
Chasing the happily
I am ever after

I just keep on running faster
Chasing the happily
I am ever after