Friday, June 03, 2011

James Nash!


picture copyright 2011 DSP Andrew Talbert

I love this picture. I should explain what this event was. This picture was taken at the Hillside Album Hour at Merlefest. The Waybacks started a tradition of playing an album from start to finish with some usually awesome players and vocalists helping out. Over time they have played Led Zeppelin, The Stones, and The Beatles. This year the rumor was they were playing something American. And so it was, the Allman Brothers' "Eat a Peach." The whole double Album. It was awesome!

http://www.waybacks.com/

I lived through the "Eat a Peach" album debut. I was at the New Orleans Allman Brothers show when they played most of this album live in the early days. I remember the moments of the details of how this album was recorded. This guy brought it back to life. He put his soul into itl. The band was AWESOME. The crowd was OFF THE METER. It was a moment. I am telling you about it in print. Really, you just had to be there. I hope I gave you a feel for it. Get out. See live music. Live. Now. This is the real deal. Thanks James! As I shook your hand at the end of the show I said thanks for giving eveything. He really did. He really did. It ROCKED.