Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Neil Halstead.


http://www.myspace.com/neilhalsteadofficial
As you can see from my picture of the opening act we ended up rather close to the stage. Second row in fact, near the aisle of the center section. We were right behind the pit.
Now I see the genius of Jack Johnson and the old general admission seating tactic. . No corporate people in front of the real fans. No scalper tickets sold to the rich who are there to be seen and could care less about the music. Although please allow me to interject the point that there were a few people in the pit in the "auction" section that seemed to be more interested in photographing their position in the facility that looking at the stage....oh well at this point my glass is full. I am happy about my seats, already thinking of a cold beer, and a great evening of music up close to the stage.