Sunday, August 10, 2008

Isaac Hayes.


Another brother left us today.
My life would have been different without Isaac Hayes. Although I never met him or even saw him in person his music runs in my veins. Although I have to admit it was Sam and Dave as well as the Blues Brothers who brought his music to me he was the man behind the lyrics. All I can say is I wish he was still with us and still penning some more of his soulful tunes. But your music will live on. 'Nuff said.

Comin to ya on a dusty road
Good lovin I got a truck load
And when you get it you got something
So dont worry cause Im coming

Im a soul man
Im a soul man
Im a soul man
Im a soul man


Well don't you ever be sad
Lean on me when times are bad
When the day comes and you're in doubt,
In a river of trouble, about to drown.

Hold on, I'm coming.
Hold on, I'm coming.