Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dear Mr. Fantasy.


Dear Mister Fantasy play us a tune
Something to make us all happy
Do anything take us out of this gloom
Sing a song, play guitar
Make it snappy

Is there anyone Steve hasn't played with or written songs for?
What a legend. I could not sit down during this show. He played the old ones. He played many of his new "Nine Lives" cd tracks as well. In fact one of his new tracks brought a standing ovation. For that matter there were several standing ovations. I was down front in the middle...I made sure I stood during every song ending and by the time two songs were played I never sat down again. Much of the crowd was seated until the songs were over. Not me, this man deserved some serious fan respect. I gave him my share and I think the band was thrilled by the time the set was over. The crowd was roaring at the end.

This show made me feel alive. What a night.