Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin.



George Carlin. http://www.georgecarlin.com/

Moments ago I read George died last night. Although I had a bit of disbelief and sadness at first as I stared at my yahoo headline soon I felt a smile start forming.. I spent some time this past weekend looking through some old high school and college annuals I had just rescued from storage. I saw a picture of me in 1976 on a stage giving a weather report. I was lifting lines from George Carlin as his character Al Sleet. …”And tonight the forecast is Dark, continued dark tonight with light to scattered light in the morning…”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1uaw3WIOlc

George was a genius and his humor was so counter-culture back in those days I just loved it. And I still do. I always will.

Our lives go by fast and our memories get wrapped around our music and culture as the decades fly by.
George made some very cool contributions to comedy and he always made us think in a different way. I will miss him.

Humor is the absence of terror,
And terror the absence of humor.
Lord Richard Buckley