Wednesday, August 13, 2008

And Now a Word About General Admission Shows....


OK so it has been a longgg time since I attended a general admission show. I was uneasy about what was going to happen when the gates open so naturally I ended up getting there not one but two hours early. Of course I enjoy the parking lot at most shows as people who want to discuss music rate high on my "let's talk" list..
My daughter and I made our way to the main gate at Walnut Creek yesterday in a rather mild August heat. As we approached the main gate about one hour before the opening I was pleased to see the crowd was, well not really a crowd...
After giving us a pre-search and a ticket check we were given a blue colored wrist band for our pavilion tickets. That meant we could sit anywhere....it was all up to our feet and the speed of others entering from other locations....