Friday, August 10, 2007

You Need to Visit This Site....


The Paradise Charitable Foundation. http://www.paradisefoundation.org/
Today I stopped in front of my house and opened the mailbox to find a cd copy of "Live from Key West." I have been waiting to see this disc for many months. And as I write this I am listening to track three of the cd. Run, don't walk... and go get a copy of this one. You will not be disappointed! I am thinking back to the moment this song was recorded and I was sitting on the beach, my feet deep in the Key West sand behind the Casa Marina http://www.casamarinaresort.com/ watching much of this music transpire. It was raining so hard I had a broom sweeping water off the stage even with a canopy overhead.
I remember track four like it was last night. Jimmy B. came to the Casa to play for us...I called it the private party for his best fans. A real Key West song. "Woman Goin' Crazy on Caroline Street." I stood several feet away as he played this one. I love this song and this version is a classic. The fidelity of this recording is incredible. A memory from that night..later in the show he told us about visiting his old dentist earlier that day and then proceeded to bang his front teeth on a conch Shell someone placed on the stage...The conch horn sounded and the crowd erupted. What a night! 100 percent humidity and 110 percent fun. I swear parrot heads live several lifetimes in one. So many stories, so little time.
Wow this is disc is so well mixed. Alex had some serious digital recording equipment on site and I can remember recording hours of this stuff myself... I remember watching Alex man the table behind the big stage tweaking the knobs to make this magic happen for all to enjoy. What a stack of equipment... enduring wind, rain, and sun, truly a labor of love, this disc is the result of many hours of toil for all the support staff and musicians. Great job all!!

And a great cause! All profits of this disk go to Victory Junction http://www.victoryjunction.org/
Very cool indeed. Victory Junction is located very close to my home of many years here in North Carolina.

I am not going to review this disk all I am going to say is it is fabulous. A must have if you have never even been to Key West. The disk captures snapshots of fun and moments of awesome pleasure at the Southernmost point in the good old USA. The disc will release on August 20 so plan to order now. 'Nuff said. Life is good.
See ya down the road....