Thursday, March 29, 2007

Robert Randolph and the Family Band



Robert Randolph and the Family Band http://www.robertrandolph.net/ last month at the Carolina Theatre in Durham. As you can tell from this shot Robert invited the girls up to dance on stage during one of his numbers. It was a cool show, very loud and very late starting. I think he came on stage at 10:30 which is a bit late for a theatre show. His security did not want anyone taking pictures although many were...including a couple of my own.. So as you can tell I had to back of from my seat which was quite close to get this shot. The other two frames I managed to get had hands from dancing people in them so there you go...this is my only salvaged shot. OK soapbox time...what is up with all the artists out there not wanting fans to take pictures? Many are now allowing non-professional equipment at shows and most of the top-tier jam bands allow audio recording. I think this is great. Concerts cost a fortune these days, especially the shed shows. The least the artist should do is allow a few images to go home with the folks attending. After having spent hundreds of dollars on downloads, cds, shirts, concert tickets, gas, parking...parking!...$20 to leave my car at a venue? OK I am going to move on now. I have other topics to talk!
I will leave this post behind by giving Robert a bit of feedback. After driving over two hours to see you and leaving my fabulous $100 dinner at a local restaurant early with a group of friends to be on time to your show, we arrived to see that no one was on stage yet. Then a fill-in opening act that should not even be playing on a street corner played until you came on at 10:30? Oh well.