Thursday, March 29, 2007

The last Image from an Awesome Show!



This was the last picture I took of Leo last night. I wanted to stay to meet him but my co-pilot had an early appointment so I missed my chance this time. No big deal there will be another chance. I will travel to see Leo...for sure.
A couple of final thoughts. Last night there were several songs I wanted to hear. And...he played them all! Amazing! Corrina, Corrina. Push the play button on this link. http://www.last.fm/music/Leo+Kottke/_/Corrina,+Corrina This song brought tears to my eyes. I have been wanting to hear him play this song live for so long and it was perfect. The tone, the way he makes the strings resonate and the sustain. All perfect as only a master can do.
He also played "Little Martha" by Duane Allman. Leo said after he played the song "That was written by Duane Allman and the song came to him in a dream." I thought - yeah I knew what that song was on the second note and your guitar harmonics just knocked my wig off.
Finally I remember thinking about halfway through the show about what I would say if he asked me for a request. There was a song that kept echoing in my head. "Rings"
Want to see an old 1988 video of the song? Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9YEmbEVZJQ
And that was the last song Leo played. A perfect night for me. A show like this really cannot be put into words. Go see the man. Thanks Leo for a very special night.