Friday, August 17, 2007

Farm Aid 2007


I keep telling myself as the years go by that I should go to Farm Aid. They have a GREAT lineup this year for a great cause. We need our farmers. We depend on them. My tomatoes in my backyard are pictured above but hey I need food all year! Oh yeah I just took this picture moments ago...

Here is a story sent to me from the John Mellencamp e-mail newsletter. And I will plug his fan club. It is a good one. If you are a fan you need to join this one.
http://www.clubcherrybomb.net/

Farm Aid 2007 Line Up - Update
Farm Aid has issued a PRESS RELEASE announcing artists set to perform for the upcoming concert on Sunday, September 9th, on Randall's Island in New York City. The stellar lineup now includes: Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews, and Tim Reynolds, The Allman Brothers Band, Counting Crows, Matisyahu, Guster, The Derek Trucks Band, Warren Haynes, Supersuckers, The Ditty Bops and Montgomery Gentry. Additionally, Farm Aid has announced that Gregg Allman will perform a special acoustic set with Willie Nelson and Dave Matthews.

http://www.farmaid.org/site/c.qlI5IhNVJsE/b.2723605/k.C7B8/Concert.htm


As a footnote, John is in the studio with T Bone Burnett recording what will be his 22nd career album. I can't wait to hear it.