Sunday, August 13, 2006

Michael McDonald Last Night In Charlotte.


Michael McDonald and his band last night at the amplitheater in Charlotte, North Carolina. It was a great night as the temperatures here dropped into the low 80's. Perfect weather for an outdoor show. Michael was the opening act for Steely Dan. Those guys have played together for over 30 years! This was a very good performance as he went from Doobie Brothers era to the recent Motown covers he has put out on two cds. My daughter Alex was at my side for this show. Alex really enjoyed the drummer as she was very good and even did several numbers where she led the vocals.
This guy still rocks and the crowd showed their appreciation for his talent. It seemed everytime he launched into another Doobie Brothers song the crowd would jump up and roar their approval. Yes I was one of them. I have this cassette tape I made of 'Living on the Fault Line" in 1978 and I think I wore the thing out listening to it in my car back then...remember the Pioneer Supertuner Cassette Player and the 6X9 speakers in the rear deck? I forget how many times I have seen the Doobie Brothers in concert but it is so many that I know it is in double digits...
Michael later came out and closed the Steely Dan show on stage with them. Donald Fagen told the crowd that they dragged this guy from a gutter many years ago. ...Well last night he was kicking some serious ass on stage. Thanks Michael. Posted by Picasa