Sunday, April 22, 2012

Randall Bramblett and Chuck Leavell!


http://www.randallbramblett.com/

http://www.chuckleavell.com/blog2/

Randall Bramblett and Chuck Leavell on stage together. What a night! I just keep saying that about this show. The entire evening was off the meter from the dinner and beverages on the lawn in an upscale setting to the music on this stage. The players on this night really blew the roof off the place!

First you have to know the backgrounds of these guys to understand the basis for the setlist.

Randall has played with everyone from Gregg Allman to Bonnie Raitt. One of the tracks on the new Bonnie Raitt cd just released last week was Randall's song. These guys were part of a band called Sea Level. Their bandmates were members of the Allman Brothers and other bands.
Chuck has been the keyboard player on the last several Rolling Stones tours and has played with everyone from George Harrison to Eric Clapton. One of Eric's biggest selling cds was the "Unplugged" recording and Chuck is all over that thing. Chuck is still set to tour with John Mayer soon. Chuck and Randall both have new cd releases of their own as they never seem to stop cranking out great music.

I didn't even mention Paul Riddle who was the original drummer for Marshall Tucker showing up. Nor did I mention Steve Watson who as an LA studio musician has played guitar on things like the "Hill Street Blues" and "Magnum PI" themes. Very cool.

Back to the setlist. I want to give you a flavor of the night. Here are just a few of the songs: "Honky Tonk Women", "Statesboro Blues", "Sweet Virginia", "Jessica" "Rip This Joint" and several Sea Level songs. I still love that Sea Level song "Living in a Dream." Yes I would like to go see this show again. Right NOW!

I suggest you go buy all of their music right now! I think I have everything they have ever done. I still love looking at my old Sea Level albums and remembering those moments when they were new. But the new cps these guys are releasing are just getting better and better. They really are masters of what they do in the music business!


I'll add a couple of links for you to go enjoy some video if you like:


Here is one of Chuck's brand new songs from his cd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cd-Qql3DDw


"Jessica" Live from Greenville:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIsw2ardKA0


This one was a couple of days ago.It seems like yesterday as most of my life does.
"Alberta, Alberta" as performed on MTV with Eric Clapton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh7sqDlxBaE&feature=related