Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt in Charlotte Last Night.


An Incredible Experience. Those are the words that best describe last nights show at the McGlohon Theatre.
http://www.blumenthalarts.org/default.asp?blumenthal=135&objId=9
Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt came to town to entertain a sold-out house in a fabulous historic venue featuring stained glass windows. The fortunate 700 people who were in attendance witnessed over two and a half non-stop hours of off-the-cuff humor, smiles, stories, and some awesome music. I have seen these guys perform many times in different configurations with bands and solo so I should tell you that this night was very special. Very different and very good!

Here is a link to a song that happens to be very close to my favorite song of his. When Lyle hit the first chord I actually said to myself quietly "He is gonna' play it!" These guys work so well together. More stories in a moment. This video link is to "My Favorite Mistake."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjM-VstwTMM