Sunday, May 22, 2011

JB.


Jimmy April 2011. I really didn't take too many pictures at this show. I was there just to take it all in. It is still a social event for me. I had a great time. I thought the set list was pretty cool. There were some older things I really enjoyed. I really don't want to elaborate on my music collection but I will say I always enjoy a "deep cut" song during a concert no matter who is on the stage. I really enjoyed "Lady I can't Explain" and "Survive."
I remember the day "Volcano" was released. I drove to a mall in Greensboro and bought the album on vinyl. I ended up seeing Jimmy perform twice that year live. Since then I have talked to some of the people who were participating in the album. So I guess that one was a special one for me.

Speaking of albums, a little bird told me some old Buffett music was found recently that will find it's way into a new release soon. Seems there were tons of old tracks that were mostly forgotten and almost thrown out. That should be interesting to hear. Anyway...

It was good to see some of my friends at another JB show as I know life is short. A good night indeed.

Here is a link to the set list that night:

http://www.buffettworld.com/archives/2011-welcome-to-fin-land/04-19/


What could I do?
That's never been done before
What can I say?
That hasn't been said by scores

If I was a designer I could do nothin' finer
Than dress you in style
But I'm a hopeless romantic still behind all these antics
Is a heart full of smiles

So I'll just keep on dreamin' (I'll just keep on dreamin')
Thoughts that are in my brain
You just keep on bein'
Lady I can't explain