Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bob Seger!


So you can see from this picture, seats - lower level half-way back. But I should say this was one of the best shows of the week. I was always a fan of the music, problem was it was so over-played on FM during my formative years I could never seem to go see it performed live. As I heard this HUGE band play and Bob sing his heart out I realized what I was seeing. It was awesome. All the way from the drummer aka Grand Funk's centerpiece, the Sax...ah the horns were off the meter! And my pal Shaun Murphy who has fronted Little Feat as a vocalist, all the while she has been with Bob for many years, what a talent. Can I say I looked at her and thought just how great she looked at this stage of her life? Not sure of what spa she goes to but they should hire her for a testimonial.
The show was GREAT. I read recently in Rolling Stone about this tour. The thing I remember was how Bob wanted to fly back home, sleep in his own bed, and take his kids to school the next morning. He said he was not sure how much more of this he could do even though he had lost 35 pounds on a diet recently. Bob. Read my words. You should do more, not less! I hope I can see another edition of your show again. Very soon!

Here is a song I woke to not long ago. i could not get these lyrics out of my head. Bob Seger ROCKS! Even in 2011 and that makes it even better. 'Nuff said.


He wants to dream like a young man
With the wisdom of an old man
He wants his home and security
He wants to live like a sailor at sea

Beautiful loser
Where you gonna fall?
When you realize
You just can't have it all

He's your oldest and your best friend
If you need him, he'll be there again
He's always willing to be second-best
A perfect lodger, a perfect guest

Beautiful loser
Read it on the wall
And realize
You just can't have it all
You just can't have it all