Saturday, March 05, 2011

John Mellencamp!


http://www.mellencamp.com/welcome.html
All pictures ©2011 Andrew Talbert

John as he opened the show. I was concerned about taking pictures but I soon relaxed and shot upwards of 2,000 shots over a two hour period. I had seen the schedule e-mailed to me the day before. These guys nailed the stop-start times for everything they did. I appreciate professionalism on the stage. John is known for being a bit of a task master when getting ready for a tour. It shows when the band performs. This band is freaking ROCK SOLID TIGHT. There are always tight bands who perform but I would wager there are no better than this one. That is why I love to see them perform. They are the Cherry Bomb indeed.

That's when a smoke was a smoke
And groovin' was groovin'
And dancin' meant everything
We were young and we were improvin'
Laughin', laughin' with our friends
Holdin' hands meant somethin' baby
Outside the club, cherry bomb
Our hearts were really thumpin'
Say yeah yeah yeah
Say yeah yeah yeah