Friday, January 28, 2011

Marshall.


All pictures whether you like them or not are ©Andrew Talbert 2011. © 2011 Down South Productions. My testimonial is I will never make a dime off a musician or artist. It is all theirs. I do this for them.

Well. This is where I end this segment of my blog. I am trying to be cerebral while drinking a Red Hook beer and listening to Marshall sing on my studio monitors.

If you refer back to my November blog which you can do by using the search box at the top left of this google sponsored blog you will see my comments on Tim Krekel. Long story short, I was huge fan of both of them, Tim and Marshall. More than that I have watched a favorite artist of mine lose a very close friend before and after it happened. I was one of the guys living in North Carolina wanting to see them play together in Nashville at the Bluebird back a few years ago when I would get the printed flyers each month. I would circle their names and wish I could work it in. I used to stick them in my office on the wall and just look at the paper. I never did. I can't do it all. I go as hard as I can.

So I still feel that the last cd from Marshall was her best ever. It comes from love of a friend and a loss. I really get that. I am at that age. What a great cd. I love every song on it. Go buy the book. I never even talked about the Willie Nelson story she told us. It is in the book. http://www.amazon.com/They-Came-Nashville-Marshall-Chapman/dp/0826517358/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1296262915&sr=1-1


Before I sign off I should say I heard some songs are ready for the next release! A new cd! I am glad to hear that.

So go get her books, go get the latest cd. I will put my word on it. You will love it and work at seeing the next live show with Marshall Chapman. She ROCKS, and remember I love this woman. But she has Chris in her heart. She will tell you that.

Big Lonesome
That’s my name
Ever since you went away
Things just ain’t the same
Big Lonesome
That’s me
Until you come back home
Big Lonesome’s all I’ll be