Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Me & Marshall...


I asked Marshall about her travel schedule and I kind of cringed. I had been in Cincinnati for three days on hardly any sleep. I had some other stuff scheduled in two days. She had been all over the place and hardly slept in the last 48 hours. So I never complained about my lack of sleep. Sleep is over-rated anyway. It is all about living while you can and smiling as much as you can. This show put a smile on my face and I was certainly glad I was there.

"Big Lonesome." Mike Utley produced this cd. I remember talking to him about it last year about this time. That's when these tracks were recorded...around December 2009. A few weeks ago I got Mike to sign my pre-release copy in the car on the way back from the Key West airport. Marshall signed it for me as well on this night. She even accused me of looking like Mike. I just smiled. Sometimes life is really cool. 'Nuff said.

Go buy this cd. It is a favorite of mine.

Big lonesome
That's my name
Ever since you went away.
Things just ain't the same.

Big lonesome.
That's me.
Until you come back home.
Big lonesome all I'll be.