Monday, August 31, 2009

The view Saturday Night....


This was my view Saturday night at the House of Blues Myrtle Beach. This whole story started a few weeks ago in Cary, North Carolina at the Robert Cray show. I was sitting on a bench with a few people and struck up a conversation about music....as I always do.
I have to say one of my favorite parts of going out to see live music is to meet people and share war stories about concerts. That is living in the first person. Anyway so I meet this guy who tells me his name is Craig. We start sharing stories back and forth and he says..."Have you heard about "Chickenfoot?" I thought...hmmm I have heard the name, oh I read a blurb about them in Rolling Stone and I saw an advertisement for them at the House of Blues in July while I was there for Jacob Dylan. Anyway I said not really tell me more...and he started telling me all about them. By the time I arrived home I had picked up the story in the magazine and gone online to check tickets. In a few minutes I had tickets, a room at the beach, not to mention an online order for the new Chickenfoot cd.

The story doesn't end here. After a four hour road trip arriving at the HOB I sat out back having some Cabo Wabo http://www.cabowabo.com/Default.aspx blue margaritas at the bar chatting to my favorite bartender Christa from Charlotte I thought...hmmm time to go get in line. Not before a bit of dinner inside which will get a customer towards the front of the line at the HOB.

By the time dinner was over, the line was in the parking lot! Not just in the parking lot, no it was maybe 1000 feet into the parking lot. I have never seen this many people at a show here. I am thinking I will be wading to my position through a sea of people...Wow.