Friday, July 31, 2009

Robert Cray on Stage.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lNx2-Bks50

Robert Cray. I have been a fan since 1984. Tonight I took 511 pictures. Yes I love this band. I remember buying his "Strong Persuader" cd the same day that I bought Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Couldn't Stand the Weather." I remember thinking that evening that music could never get better than this. I can remember having little parties with close friends and playing this cd over and over. What a classic.

Robert played for over ninety minutes straight though. No breaks, no water, not much banter in between songs, he was just in the zone. He played the old ones, he played the new ones about to be released. But when he played the classics off "Strong Persuader" you could feel the very large crowd start to sway and really get into it. Yes those were the days and yes yes...those were the songs we love.

You can give me an hour alone in a bank
Pay all my tickets, wipe the slate blank
You could buy me a car, fill up the tank
Tell me a boat full of lawyers just sank
But it ain't nothin' but a woman
Nothin' but a woman, no, no
Don't need nothin' but a woman
Any time I'm feelin' low

Well, you could fly us to Dallas on a jumbo-jet plane
If we run late and miss it, we can take the night train
When the pressure is on, things getting insane
Only one cure for that kind of strain

It ain't nothin' but a woman
Nothin' but a woman, no, no
Don't need nothin' but a woman, yeah, yeah
To get me through the show