Saturday, October 25, 2008

Gewerbegebiet


Gewerbegebiet. Yes this is one of Leo's song titles. He seems to like off beat titles for his acoustic instrumentals. I think he just likes the way the word sounds. The English translation is 'Industrial Park."
Leo is my kind of person. He thinks a lot and has a real unusual perspective when he analyzes things in life. He left me with a phrase I found astoundingly insightful last night. "The Germans did for the consonant what the Hawaiians did for the vowel." Think about that one.
What a nice night. After two hours Leo came back on stage a final time to a standing audience and played "Vaseline Machine Gun," a song he wrote in the 1970's. I have been listening to Leo that long. I remember the first time I heard him. It seems like it was just yesterday.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tew_fIhz3eY