Sunday, March 30, 2008

Been too long....


It's been too long since I have been to New Orleans. I have been very busy the last few weeks with all my other interests and just have not had time to add new material to this blog....well it's catch-up time!
I was just in New Orleans for a quick visit. I saw one of my old friends and spent some time soaking up the french quarter ambiance. It was the first time I had been down since "the storm." I was amazed at the damage and lack of progress to get back to normal especially on the north side of town. The downtown areas looked relatively normal. It was the residential areas and north of town that really look rough, even now. wow...they need our help down there. Plan yourself a trip and go visit. NOLA is still a great place. The food is wonderful, the music is awesome, and I can never get enough of the atmosphere there.