Monday, December 31, 2007

Dan Fogelberg.


I was in Asheville, North Carolina on the morning of December 16 trying to wake up from a late night at the Warren Haynes Christmas jam when I heard the word that Dan Fogelberg http://www.danfogelberg.com/ had died. I had known for a long time that he was fighting cancer but I had not heard any recent reports on his condition. I was very saddened to hear this news. When I hear things like this my mind will rewind to visions of all the places that I listened to his music. And there are quite a few.
Dan was an artist I started listening to way back in the 1970's. I collected a pile of his vinyl over time. Great music. Even though he continued to add new music his music will always make me feel the 1970's when I hear it. I still love the obscure stuff. Dan has some great music hidden on the B sides of his albums.
As 2007 ends and 2008 is now only hours away I think of one of Dan's classics. Same Old Lang Syne http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKUBuLzDtJU
A new year with no Dan. Life is short ya'll, enjoy the day. Sail on Dan.