Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lucinda Williams!



Last Sunday night in Greensboro at the Carolina Theatre. Lucinda was in the house. But just before she came on stage Doug and Telisha Williams threw down on stage, and no they are not related, but boy this couple were great! They had a short introduction as Doug and Telisha although I had a hard time hearing the guy introducing them from my fourth row seats. All I heard was Martinsville, Virginia which is roughly 12 miles as the crow flies from my house. I thought, oh no, 45 minutes of suffering on a late night before a early working morning with two girls in tow who will want to be in bed early...
As Doug and Telisha started playing I went, Wow these two are great! http://www.dandtw.com/index.html They switched from guitar and stand-up bass to guitar and mandolin. They went from style to style and played it well. Their songwriting is very top shelf. I was very impressed with the banter between songs as I ready like to hear the story behind the music. And they have a story or two. As I left the theatre I bought the new cd from this couple. It is great. Do yourself a favor and go see them play. Better yet buy the cd and keep them on the road. Talent like this needs to be heard.