Sunday, March 12, 2006


Robert Earl Keen at the Carolina Theatre in http://www.carolinatheatre.com/ Greensboro last Friday night. I took this picture from the pit where I stood during the show. The audience had packed the house and were all wildly enthusiastic. Of all the times I have been to this theatre this is the loudest audience I have ever heard. The band deserved it, they are sounding better than ever and they all looked happy to be playing to the local crowd. Speaking of local crowd, I am pleased to report that I turned REK's manager Melissa on to the Carolina Theatre back in 2004. I missed the first show in 2005 as I was in key West that week but I was not about to miss this one. This is one great venue and one great band. There is just nothing like a good historic theatre with no smoke, some really talented artists, and some good beverages out front.
Speaking of fashion...Robert Earl said his friend Reba, yeah you know who I am talking about...from Nashville, told him to wear the shirt he had on. Actually I thought it was kind of cool. After the show was over the band came back to the stage and signed autographs for all, including a fairly large group of children. Robert Earl went to the front lobby and sat down in a chair at a table. I'll bet he signed upwards of 200 items to every person who wanted one. Folks this is one talented artist and he gave me more than my moneys worth. There are some others out there that charge big money for shed shows and sometimes you wonder if they are playing like it is their last show. Enought of that. REK and the boys never dissapoint. I'll be back again. Soon. Posted by Picasa