Sunday, February 12, 2006

John Prine!!!


John Prine. The 2006 winner (this past week) of a Grammy award for "Best Contemporary Folk Album" for his latest cd "Fair and Square." This cd is absolutely one of the best things I have heard from Track one to the end. A quick story. John said at one point he still had his Grammy jacket on and it still had some Mariah Carey makeup on it!

John's show last night was awesome. His band is very tight and it is a joy to watch a performer still in his prime. Yep, Prime Prine. I published this photo in black and white after having several conversations last night about black and white photography with numerous people. I only took two photos during the show but I have a pal who should give me a link to some very fine shots I will soon share of both John and Keith last night. More to come on that.
In the meantime I will tell you to check John's calendar and get out to see him on this tour. He is getting rave reviews and you cannot spend your money in a better place. He played until I thought I heard a rooster crow and he rocked from start to finish. What a bargain. As the Who song says "They call it a bargain, the best I ever had!" Nuff said. Posted by Picasa