Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year 2006!


Jesse Winchester on stage at the Gravity Lounge last night. http://www.jessewinchester.com/index.shtml Probably one of the best New Years Eve parties I have been to. Jesse said he hadn't played on New Years Eve since he was very young....The audience was outstanding as you could have heard a pin drop during his performance only to be interrupted by thunderous applause in between songs. I had a table right by the stage with my lovely wife and we had a wonderful night. I probably don't have to tell you all about the songs this man has written and how many artists have recorded with him. As I have written in my web log before some of the names that come to mind are Brian Sutton, Jerry Douglas, Steve Cropper...the list goes on and on. Jesse's songs are and have been covered by many names in the music business and some people that come to mind almost at once are Jimmy Buffett, Emmylou Harris, and Nicolette Larson. http://www.nicolettelarson.com/index2.html There are many others. Don't miss your chance to see one of Jesse's rare live shows if you have the chance. He is so good. Now back to my cd pile. I need to listen to my new to me copy of "Jesse Winchester - Live from Mountain Stage" What a way to start a year. 2006 has to be a great one.Posted by Picasa