Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Johnny Cash Rules!


Walk the Line...The Johnny Cash Story. I went on Sunday, the weekend it opened. I grew up listening to Johnny Cash on Sunday mornings real early...not by choice. In my house, my Dad would fire up the "stereo" and put on the lps real early on Sunday morning. We had this big Cherry cabinet with a tv, fm tuner, and a 'Garrard" turntable. This "record player" had enough weight on the tone arm to almost penetrate the wax before the first play of the album was complete. Anyway, I would wake to "I Fell into a Burning Ring of Fire" on Sunday mornings in the Mississippi Delta, Greenwood, that is, many mornings in the 1960's. It is funny what I have heard from many sources, as you age you listen to your parent's music. OK... true in this case. I went to see this movie with my Mother... Not expecting too much as most of these types of movies are usually a letdown. Well...I have to say three thumbs up. I was very impressed with the actors, the story, and the real singing in this movie. I had tears in my eyes at one point. A great movie, not to be missed. Great job by all. Awards will be forthcoming. You can bet on it. Back to my "Live from Folsom Prison" cd.... go do yourself a favor. Go see the movie. Get Rhythm... Posted by Picasa