Friday, April 26, 2013

The Robert Cray Band!!


Picture by Martin Fried 2013

http://robertcray.com

Well I have lost count of the times I have seen this band perform since the 1980's but I never tire of a moment when they have the stage. Robert roared to the stage with his debut hit "Phone Booth" and continued to rip through some of his recent songs from his latest album. He had the sold-out Durham Performing Arts Center ROCKING! There were several awesome songs played but I guess the one I remember hitting me hard was "Side Dish" from the last album "Nothin' But Love." OK I will admit "I'll Always Remember You" kicked ass too but there is always that one song that gets you on a good night. Go get Robert's new cd if you are not listening to it..it is great stuff...

Side Dish....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17dviPTqolE

Don't like the fire and forget what you doing
Make you baby mad and start her to stewing
when she starts to boil and knocks some steam
you become a side dish if you know what I mean

appetize a main course don't you understand yeah
If you don't do your prep you get canned
I love you when something's hard to chew
you become a side dish it could happen to you
(cool rabi, turn up, don't cry french fry, escalo, scalium)

you got to tender your cooking every day and every night, yeah
you got to stir it, season it and check that its allright arggh
it is as simple receipe and it ain't hard to do
you became a side dish you be off the menu
(rock a lady, mashed potato, sellery, onion, carrot, oil after that, you'll be crying )