Thursday, April 04, 2013

The 000-28 Martin...It's Eric Clapton!

http://www.ericclapton.com


Remember all photos unless otherwise stated are ©Andrew Talbert 2013 Down South Productions

Back to the opening. EC walked out and picked up his Martin 000-28 aka "triple 028." I really love this guitar as many of the ones hanging around my house closely resemble this model...in more ways than one...'Nuff said. The safe is locked and the alarm is on, just sayin.' As EC came out I knew it would be a great night. It is sort of strange to watch a legend on stage. I have seen Eric play several times now and every show leaves a lasting memory of something very different. He had some of the familiar guys on stage but as I watch them play it is almost like they move away from him at times and the body language of a great player standing next to a legend says "I am pretty damn awesome to be on this stage but that candle over there is the one that blinds everyone." It is true. I sensed that last night several times. Crazy. Everyone on stage was so talented last night and the crowd roared for everyone of them but I felt as I always do that something special was happening as Eric Clapton straps on a guitar. It is the real deal. 3-D baby, no glasses required.