Sunday, May 06, 2012

The Wheel!


The view as I walked into the Durham Performing Arts Center last Sunday evening. I'm here for Elvis Costello!
http://www.elviscostello.com/

It was a fine sunny day in Durham, North Carolina. The baseball game was going and I had been sitting at Tobacco Road taking in the game and enjoying the sunshine over a Green Man IPA and some awesome food.

The Durham Bulls slugged a couple of home runs into the roof over my head with a resounding thud. It was a nice way to wind down before what I knew was going to be a great show!

It was almost two years to the day since I had seen Elvis perform. In fact I was on the stage crew and I really enjoyed having a brief chat and taking some cool pictures of him and his band. That night after
the show I had the pleasure of working with his guitar technician while packing all of those fabulous guitars he owns. The guitars are very cool and the very old acoustic Gibson models are very nice.

I didn't put too many pictures from Merlefest 2010 on my blog but I have some really cool ones of his band standing in the hallway outside green room doing the pre-stage rituals.

Here is a link to a photo I put on the blog back then as Elvis jammed on stage with a Grammy-winning throng of musicians. That was an awesome day and night!

http://downsouthradiohour.blogspot.com/search?q=elvis+costello