Thursday, December 31, 2009

As 2009 Comes to a Close....


I am thinking about all the live music I saw from the floor, from the seats, from back stage, front row, general admission, and even in a bar. I was thinking what was the best thing I saw this year? Well that is a tough question as there is no perfect answer. There were many great moments, with my daughter front row center at Steely Dan, in a bar seeing Robin Trower for the first time since being a fan decades ago, seeing Little Feat in Key West with 3000 friends, Bonnie Raitt with Randall Bramlett from six feet away, it just goes on and on.

There is one show and one band that really hit a chord with me in 2009. Pun intended.

Chickenfoot. I heard about them at a Robert Cray show. You can never have too many friends. The album was awesome. The show I saw was incredible. You can go back in my blog and see the pictures. I was inches away from the action. This band freaking rocks. Chemistry, crowd connection, oozing talent, they just blew my wig off. Completely. The song "Down the Drain" recorded in one take. It tells of the chemistry of this band. A freshness from four superstars of the music business. Here is Sammy Hagar who sold 80% of his Cabo Wabo tequila business for $80 million dollars 2 years ago http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fsb/fsb_archive/2007/07/01/100122129/index.htm and all for the rest of this high-dollar superstar gang playing small venues, autographing kids skateboard helmets, and acting damn normal appreciating the fans while playing off the meter rock and roll.. They get it. They connect. They love what they do and they are damn good at it. It is not about the money it is about the music! ...Wow. What a moment, what a night!

As I write this 23 hours from 2010 I am watching the Chickenfoot "White album" videos. Go do yourself a favor and buy the dvd or even just the cd. What a band. What a show. I drove four hours to the beach to see them and shot a couple of thousand pictures. The one above is one of the few I have with all the members of the band together. My bad....I have some great ones though. I enjoyed the show. Yes yes I enjoyed the show to the maximum. That's what living is to me. See you in 2010. Happy New Year!


http://www.chickenfoot.us/


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_EMFYrZVrw


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhbQ6OUdvhc

Well, she got back and up front
She's everything any country boy need, wooh
Inside is outside
Now what you see is what she got up her sleeve, yeah

I'm talkin' tan leather and wild honey
Heaven fields on a sunny day
All five senses, wooh, they're poppin' atcha
Now my little friend is comin' out to play

I just love, love, love that sexy little thing
I love, love, love, wooh, that sexy little thing
Yeah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgmjDrqKaA0

Well, the sun's up, it's 6:30
Fell asleep with the TV on again
Take five, check out the weather
It's monday morning for the single mom

And a, works hard till 5:30
And once a week she gettin' down and dirty
Backstage without a pass
This one's for you, it's tattooed on her ass

But she's nobody's fool, yeah
She's broken down, broken hearts, broken rules
Outta touch in a modern world
Oh, but she's my kinda girl
Yeah, yeah, yeah