Sunday, October 18, 2009

Last Night at the House of Blues...



http://www.houseofblues.com/venues/clubvenues/myrtlebeach/

I took this picture as I enjoyed a greasy burger on the deck out back last night with some folks I had just met from West Virginia. We were all road-tripping for another great show...

It's official. I love this venue. Another road trip to Myrtle Beach just to see Randall Bramlett and Bonnie Raitt perform. It was my third trip this year to a show there and I really love the whole place. It was pretty cool weather-wise last night for this time of year but we made the best of it. The crowd was large and we had those tickets that get you in front of a general admission crowd...but even so this full house was packed to the rafters.

Randall Bramlett http://www.randallbramblett.com/ out with his band a smoked though an opening I had been waiting months to hear. Well I was a Sea Level fan from so long ago I forget the year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Level_(band) Ok it was my favorite decade, the 1970's.

Anyway. I want to say as you will see in the coming story that I don't have any pictures to show from last night. I had my Cannon camera, spare batteries, and my iphone in my pocket. But at the request of the artist I did not take them from my pocket. I was eight feet from center stage. Locking eyes with everyone on the stage at times and I guess I just really got into the performance and decided to respect their wishes. It was a AWESOME evening. This was a grade A performance from beginning to end. More on that in a moment.