Friday, June 05, 2009

Robbin on Stage.


After the sound check I walked with Robbin over to his hotel across the street. Man what a nice place! The Franklin Hotel. http://www.franklinhotelnc.com/ For a little while we exchanged stories and he broke out his beautiful Koa Taylor guitar I carried over for him. Let me interject the point that I really have a thing for guitars...I think I own nine or so now myself and I never tire of holding them and adoring the craftsmanship that goes into each one.
Anyway I had heard Robbin say something about wanting to "work on something." As we sat there talking about how great our daughters are doing in school he started to play a new song. Before I go on, his very beautiful daughters are now at the PHD and masters degree levels. He showed me the pictures of his girls on his cell phone. My daughter is in high school in honors classes with something very close to a four-oh! average. Can you say a perfect 100 score for a Latin semester? I don't like to brag but I always tell my friends if you are gonna' brag let it be about your friends and family. We are both very lucky....
Back to the story...Robbin was using the lyrics to an older song he wrote and playing two sets of chords to the song. It was very nice. Later that night he played that song for the first time on stage. I thought that whole thing was extremely cool.