Sunday, November 09, 2008

Smiling Faces on the Beach


Smiles all around. Left to Right. Larry Joe Taylor, his wife Sherry, me, and Jerene Sykes. What a great day on the beach in Key West.

If you want to book Keith for a show Jerene is your contact. She was the lady cooking Thanksgiving dinner while Keith wrote the song "Coast of Marseilles" back in 1977. What a great song that one is, a real masterpiece.

I sat there on the coast of Marseilles
My thoughts came by like wind through my hand
How good it'd be to feel you again
How good it'd be to feel that way again

Here is a link to a very nice article on Larry Joe:
http://www.larryjoetaylor.com/texas_music_and_ljt.htm

I got a brand new Chevrolet out in the drive.
I got a thirty-year fixed-rate mortgage that I live inside.
I don’t think I like what I got,
Cause I think it’s got me.
I guess I just woke up from my American dream.

I guess my wife she’ll work for the state
for the rest of her life
When all she ever wanted to be was a mom and a wife
She tells me I don’t look like the guys in Cosmopolitan magazine
I guess she just woke up from her American dream.

John he loved to teach the kids in the public school
Said it’s seems a whole lot harder
since they changed the rules
Gunshots echo through the halls
Another one falls
The last bell rings
And it woke him up from his American dream.