Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Ed Bradley. You Were the Best.


Fred Tackett (Little Feat), Jimmy B., and Ted Badley at Margaritaville May 2006 in New Orleans. (Thanks Michael J for the picture) I have a picture somewhere back in this web log where I was talking to Paul B of Little Feat in Charlotte just a few short days before this show in NOLA. I asked him if he was fired up for the show and he said yes. This was a private show during Jazzfest and I would have loved to have been there. Little did I know that Ed would not last the year. As you can see from the picture they were having a blast that night and I still remember listening to that show. Very cool indeed. They are playing the version of "Sixty Minute Man" from this show on radiomargaritaville. I asked Steve Huntington of Radiomargaritaville fame about this recently and he told me it was "in the rotation." So listen in for the song. I will miss Ed. He was buried this morning and a service was held for him today in NYC. Rock on Ed, you were great. When I make it to see you you will have to share your Lena Horne story with me. Can't wait pal. Posted by Picasa