Monday, October 16, 2006

The Road to Escondido!! Coming Soon!


Mark your calendars. November 7th, the long awaited "Road to Escondido" is due from JJ Cale and EC. I have been listening to the tracks from this cd and it is a keeper. Of course I am a rabid JJ Cale and EC fan so go prove it to yourself. "Ride the River" is already available for download on Itunes. There are several others I really like but I will spare the review, there are plenty of sources for cd reviews and opinions. This is a trust me, as you know there are some awesome players on this release and it is not to be missed. Rock on baby. Ain't life great?

Check out these players: Taj Mahal, John Mayer, Derek Trucks, Doyle Bramhall II, Albert Lee, Nathan East, Willie Weeks and Steve Jordan. Particularly special is the involvement of Billy Preston, who donated his classic keyboard talents throughout the album. The album is dedicated to Preston and Clapton’s late friend Brian Roylance.

 Posted by Picasa