Friday, August 20, 2010

Back to the Booth Amphitheatre!


http://www.boothamphitheatre.com/ (you can click on the pictures to enlarge them)

Back at the amphitheatre, yeah that's what they call it and that's how they spell it...in Cary, North Carolina. Of course I have always said Cary stands for "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees."
OK so it is Raleigh. Call it what you want. They have great shows, it is a fabulous venue, and I always have awesome conversations with nice people I have never met before at every show. This place is really beautiful as it sits in a wooded area and at night the frogs sing as loud as the music after the show from the adjacent water.

I should take this moment to remind Al Bunetta that I told him about this place. A few years back I was discussing hiring John Prine for a benefit concert in Cary. Al says "We'll never fill the place. Too Big, I gotta' run." Two months later he sold the place out. He must have picked the phone up and called as soon as I hung up. 'Nuff said. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Pajamas_Records